Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A device worn like a glove, which allows the manual manipulation of images in virtual reality.
- ‘More interesting applications include computers that can recognize gestures, or where your head is pointing, or if you're nodding off - without requiring mood-spoiling datagloves and the like.’
- ‘We use Vizard Virtual Reality Software and datagloves to interact with the NPCs, developing a gesture and speech based interface.’
- ‘The earliest device for interactivity in a virtual environment and with virtual objects was the dataglove developed at NASA Ames.’
- ‘When using the datagloves, tracker sensors attached to them determine the location and orientation of each glove, while the gloves themselves measure the flexure of each finger.’
- ‘The parameters for the sign animations were input by a human signer wearing two datagloves.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.