One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Software that handles the storage, retrieval, and updating of data in a computer system.
- ‘PROGEN is a Java application that accesses and maintains a relational database management system.’
- ‘Information flow can be reduced by selecting the information that is important in processes and eliminating the rest, and by effectively using group support and database management systems.’
- ‘SPIRES (initially, Stanford Physics Information Retrieval System, then Stanford Public Information Retrieval System) database management system was the product of brilliant programmers at Stanford.’
- ‘Indexing methods are used extensively by database management systems to provide fast query processing for users.’
- ‘We entered data into a relational database management system in Microsoft SQL server 7.0, which also incorporated intrafield and interfield constraints.’
- ‘Over the last few years increasing numbers of web sites have begun to integrate a relational database management system.’
- ‘The MySQL database is a high-performance relational database management system for Web site and business application development and deployment.’
- ‘In the first phase of the project, data for - 1,300 taxa and - 3,800 images are currently being entered into a relational database management system on an IBM RS6000 at the University of Iowa.’
- ‘The responsibility of a multilevel secure database management system is to assure that each user gains access, directly or indirectly, to only the data for which he or she has proper clearance.’
- ‘The potential for data mining received a boost when businesses started storing data in data warehouses - a relational database management system designed specifically to meet analytical requirements.’
- ‘The company's web-enabled Oracle9i database management system has more than 9,000 users worldwide.’
- ‘The system proposed must be fully internet-enabled, run on a Wintel infrastructure, operate on a relational database management system, and support laboratory best practice.’
- ‘MySQL is the most widely used open source database management system worldwide.’
- ‘XML databases require all the elements that you would expect from a database management system: a query and transaction language; a way to build indices and data structures; and interfaces for other applications.’
- ‘PostgreSQL is an advanced multiuser, relational database management system distributed freely along with its source code.’
- ‘Usually a digital library system with a large volume of data will apply database management systems to manage its bibliographic records, digital objects and Web links.’
- ‘We then established a Web-accessible version using open source software Postgre SQL, which includes an object relational database management system.’
- ‘Most database management systems include tools to insure the integrity of the data they control.’
- ‘VDS Object Database, now in its 6th generation, is the industry's only truly scalable, enterprise-capable object database management system.’
- ‘According to Gartner Research, IBM is the leading vendor of database management system software based on new licence revenue last year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.