Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A particular kind of data item, as defined by the values it can take, the programming language used, or the operations that can be performed on it.
- ‘The posting date column takes advantage of MySQL's TIMESTAMP data type.’
- ‘In addition, a completely new data type, such as pictures or sounds, could be added to the database without disturbing the schema simply by defining a new table.’
- ‘If you want to define more complex types using XSD, they can be defined within the < types > section of the services description and then specified within the data type for the parameter.’
- ‘Virtual keysyms are represented by the SDLKey data type.’
- ‘The central data type of spatial aggregation, the neighborhood graph, is an explicit representation of an object-adjacency relation.’
- ‘One alternative, the one chosen by the OpenPhone project, is to pass these signals as a separate data type within the real-time audio stream.’
- ‘Equally notorious is the default prototype for undeclared functions, which assumes the data type of parameters and return value to be integer, unless specified otherwise.’
- ‘Each data type has a host of associated read commands and data-processing commands.’
- ‘The first declaration is for the vector constants stored in cVals, sVals, iVals and fVals where the vector data type is declared and defined in the same statement.’
- ‘Hyperion became the first digital media archive product in the library market to offer users the ability to perform full-text searches in multiple languages across multiple data types.’
- ‘The book builds on some basic blocks, such as a detailed description of the character set allowed for the data type DisplayString.’
- ‘This section provides a similar discussion pattern for each database server, including data types, datawindow, stored procedures, embedded SQL and special considerations.’
- ‘These buttons are presented to the user in tables where each row corresponds to one tunnel run and each column to a specific data type.’
- ‘To further ease navigation, JMAR organizes data queries by data type, such as inventory management, quality assurance, prime vendor, and equipment.’
- ‘C programmers know that the char data type is an 8-bit integer.’
- ‘If you're fortunate enough to have missed Computer Science 101, a dictionary is the name of the abstract data type that maps keys to values.’
- ‘Text is the dominant data type on today's Internet (especially in a low-bandwidth developing nation), so literacy is very important.’
- ‘DiscoveryLink provides customers with a federated approach to data management, enabling them to access, manage and analyze data wherever it resides - regardless of the database or data type.’
- ‘Convergence is all about getting each data type to play across networks that weren't built for them.’
- ‘That reply may be a simple plain text message, an HTML document (the most common form), an image (typically in GIF or JPEG format) or any other complex data type.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.