Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A collection of related sets of information that is composed of separate elements but can be manipulated as a unit by a computer.‘all hospitals must provide a standard data set of each patient's details’
- ‘We therefore treated the entire data set as a sample from a single panmictic population.’
- ‘Once you have defined a data set, it is necessary to schedule a backup with it.’
- ‘The data in this study were part of a longitudinal data set collected by the authors.’
- ‘Genetic differentiation was strong in each region as well as in the concatenated data set.’
- ‘There was no evidence of recombination within each of these blocks in the entire data set.’
- ‘Estimates at each grid node were obtained by consideration of the entire data set.’
- ‘Crystals which diffracted well were used to collect a complete data set on synchrotron.’
- ‘Further comparisons can be made by fitting models after combining parts of the data set.’
- ‘One thousand trees were generated by random sampling of portions of the entire data set.’
- ‘This data set was split into two broad categories of classical music and popular music.’
- ‘This data set was also derived from a cohort study of rheumatoid arthritis patients.’
- ‘The microstructural and morphologic data sets were then combined into a single data set.’
- ‘This wide range of environmental conditions provides a rich data set to evaluate the three LAR models.’
- ‘Their data set was composed of mountain and boreal chronologies, with a high number of chronologies close to the tree line.’
- ‘In our original data set, the results were obtained by computer analysis.’
- ‘All patient deaths were reported in the primary data set as fractional units of months.’
- ‘The core of the work is the data set related to parasites recorded from grebe species.’
- ‘The data used for this study come from the same data set used for the soybean example just reported.’
- ‘Only data on terminal inflorescences were included in the 1998 data set.’
- ‘The order of genes in the mitochondria was used as a third data set for phylogenetic analysis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.