One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person employed to analyse and interpret complex digital data, such as the usage statistics of a website, especially in order to assist a business in its decision-making.‘Silicon Valley technology companies are hiring data scientists to help them glean insights from the terabytes of data that they collect everyday’
- ‘As a junior quantitative developer on the team, you will work with other developers and data scientists in the pursuit of identifying new alpha signals.’
- ‘A data engineer supports the data scientist in data discovery, harvesting, and preparation.’
- ‘The White House needs a few good data scientists to help its climate change campaign.’
- ‘The candidate will perform as quantitative researcher, data scientist, technologist, and a quantitative developer for the production trading system.’
- ‘Data analysts and data scientists need tools for modeling data.’
- ‘A data scientist with expertise in machine learning and artificial intelligence is being actively sought by a leading hedge fund headquartered in London.’
- ‘To cater to a growing need amongst clients, the firm would like to appoint an experienced data scientist.’
- ‘The company was founded by software engineers and data scientists formerly with leading Silicon Valley technology companies.’
- ‘Universities are catching on, and in 2014, a new wave of trained data scientists will begin entering the workforce.’
- ‘A major challenge in rolling out big data projects is finding qualified data scientists to help build appropriate analytical models.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.