Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The action or process of gathering data, especially from an automatic device, control system, or sensor.‘online data capture’as modifier ‘a data capture device’
- ‘New clinical research technologies such as electronic data capture increase accountability, improve decision making, and aid regulatory compliance.’
- ‘As students move around a lot, they do not make the best candidates for surface direct mail, so electronic data capture and management become all the more important.’
- ‘Material testing systems with an upgraded electronics package from Instron Corp. enable accurate data capture of events that happen quickly, such as the insertion of a needle.’
- ‘The fair processing principle covers data capture and the Irish Data Protection Commissioner has repeatedly stated that this requires transparency and full disclosures of uses, disclosures etc, at data capture.’
- ‘Using current technology, Milne's method is too labour-intensive to answer every such question, but there are grounds for hope that in the not too distant future its data capture will be greatly extended at comparatively modest expense.’
- ‘External validation needs to cover formal reporting on the quality of systems for data capture and forecasting.’
- ‘Control electronics and a Hewlett-Packard model 54510B digitizing oscilloscope interfaced to a PC were used for data capture.’
- ‘The use of a rural citizens' panel allowed data capture from a wide spectrum of the rural population and showed that a greater number of workers and residents had traumatic experiences than has previously been reported.’
- ‘Technology spending will increase relatively more in downstream processes, such as clinical trial management systems, electronic data capture, and electronic lab notebooks.’
- ‘Tournament promoters need to assist junior development, engage in data capture and make the sport ‘look ‘as attractive as possible to potential players and fans.’’
- ‘Defence is also improving its personnel data capture and from September onwards, its database will have the capability to record posting preferences and non-preferences as well as detailed reasons for separations.’
- ‘Kismet is arguably the best tool for wireless data capture, auditing traffic, network detection and general wireless sniffing.’
- ‘The Bentley Generative Components intelligent modeling program promises to raise the bar for elegant design and data capture.’
- ‘To become partners in civic action, anthropologists must abandon both annual cycle and life cycle designs for data capture on groups and their members.’
- ‘Barcode data capture also ensures that the correct item is priced and sold at the till, and also assists with the efficiency of the transaction with the customer.’
- ‘Buongiorno also offers the unique technical capabilities that we required for the campaign - integration of email marketing, SMS, data capture and viral activity.’
- ‘The GPS system can also provide field reporting and data capture, enabling investigators to assemble case files containing information that was previously next to impossible to obtain and adequately correlate.’
- ‘Non-Tablet devices of this class already exist, they're fairly light, have longish battery life, and specialist software that's designed for pen input, mobile data capture, computing on the move and in hostile environments, and so on.’
- ‘Nice is committed to electronic data capture, with much smaller datasets, including only key items about safety and efficacy.’
- ‘This data capture generally has been used to update systems of record and, in some situations, generate status notifications.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.