One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large slender-bodied dragonfly.
Family Aeshnidae: several genera
- ‘A green darner dragonfly is fitted with a tiny radio tag to help scientists study its migration.’
- ‘Green darners are one of nine long-distance migratory dragonflies in North America.’
- ‘Green darners are large, showy dragonflies with silvery iridescent wings.’
- ‘Darners and other large dragonflies often emerge at night, when they are safer from predators.’
- ‘Common green darners (Anax junius) are large, strong flying dragonflies. Their average body size is three inches long.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.