Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A large slender-bodied dragonfly.
- ‘Green darners are large, showy dragonflies with silvery iridescent wings.’
- ‘Common green darners (Anax junius) are large, strong flying dragonflies. Their average body size is three inches long.’
- ‘Green darners are one of nine long-distance migratory dragonflies in North America.’
- ‘A green darner dragonfly is fitted with a tiny radio tag to help scientists study its migration.’
- ‘Darners and other large dragonflies often emerge at night, when they are safer from predators.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.