One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A computer network with restricted access that is used chiefly for illegal peer-to-peer file sharing.
- ‘There is evidence that the darknet will continue to exist and provide low cost, high-quality service to a large group of consumers.’
- ‘Although you might see a spike in traffic where a darknet is operating, you won't be able to see inside the encrypted packets.’
- ‘The best means of competing with the "darknet" distribution network is on its own terms of convenience and low cost.’
- ‘That "darknet" has continued to evolve, with its greatest number of implementations being in the civilian sector.’
- ‘When analysts announced in June that file sharing had dropped dramatically on the Internet, they could have explained the decrease in terms of the amount of darknet file sharing underway.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.