One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dark-coloured nocturnal beetle, typically with reduced or absent wings.
- ‘Hide beetles are larger than darkling beetles, about 1/3 inch long, dark brown on top, with a mostly white undersurface (belly).’
- ‘In the field experiments, generalist aphids and darkling beetles were the dominant herbivores.’
- ‘Eleodes extricata is a widespread, grassland darkling beetle classified as a scavenger, feeding primarily on decaying vegetation, fungi, and seeds.’
- ‘A new insecticide labelled for control of darkling beetles, hide beetles and flies, known as orthoboric acid, provides long residual control up to nine to twelve months or longer.’
- ‘Generally, pitfall trap data indicated that darkling beetles significantly preferred unmowed areas to mowed areas, while crickets showed no preference.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.