One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A private securities exchange in which investors, typically large financial institutions, are able to make trades anonymously.‘the dark pool's volume has grown from a million shares to 43 million shares’
- ‘Inside the dark pool, the bank could trade against the orders itself; or it could sell special access to the dark pool to high-frequency traders.’
- ‘So it places the order through a private dark pool, which is populated by high-frequency traders.’
- ‘The fund company had placed 250,000 shares of the stock into the dark pool in the afternoon of February 25.’
- ‘New rules on Wall Street this month are forcing dark pool operators to report trading details to regulators.’
- ‘The exchange plans to launch a new dark pool for US treasuries in 2014.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.