One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A private securities exchange in which investors, typically large financial institutions, are able to make trades anonymously.‘the dark pool's volume has grown from a million shares to 43 million shares’
- ‘The fund company had placed 250,000 shares of the stock into the dark pool in the afternoon of February 25.’
- ‘So it places the order through a private dark pool, which is populated by high-frequency traders.’
- ‘The exchange plans to launch a new dark pool for US treasuries in 2014.’
- ‘Inside the dark pool, the bank could trade against the orders itself; or it could sell special access to the dark pool to high-frequency traders.’
- ‘New rules on Wall Street this month are forcing dark pool operators to report trading details to regulators.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.