One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A non-luminous nebula of dust and gas that is observable because it obscures light from other sources.
- ‘In the inner regions of dark nebulae important events take place, such as the formation of stars and masers.’
- ‘For nebulas there are emission nebula, reflection nebulas, planetary nebulas, dark nebulas and supernova remnants.’
- ‘These dark nebulas are places where new stars are beginning their gravitational collapse and have yet to begin nuclear fusion.’
- ‘There are different forms of nebulas, dark nebulas, emission nebulas and celestial nebulas.’
- ‘Both dark nebulas and luminous nebulas are considered likely sites for the processes of dust-cloud condensation and the formation of new stars.’
- ‘In the Cigar Galaxy, there are blank spots where it appears there are not any stars, just dark nebulas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.