One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of light microscopy which produces brightly illuminated objects on a dark background.
- ‘After fixation, roots were sectioned and visualized under dark-field microscopy.’
- ‘He was among the first to prepare partially purified antibodies by dissociating antigen-antibody complexes and the first to use dark-field microscopy to visualize the spirochetes of syphilis.’
- ‘The coagula appear homogenous (except at the perimeters of the circle defined by the laser beam) under dark-field microscopy at 200X magnification.’
- ‘Given the inherent difficulties of dark-field microscopy, negative examinations on three different days are necessary before a lesion may be considered negative for T. pallidum.’
- ‘Spirochete concentrations were determined by dark-field microscopy, and 10 4 spirochetes were injected intradermally (i.d.) into the shaved dorsal skin at the base of the tail.’
- ‘Primary syphilis is diagnosed by dark-field microscopy of a suspected lesion or by serologic testing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.