One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dark in colour or shade.‘two men wearing dark-coloured, hooded tops were seen running away’
- ‘Note how the matchstick blinds blend with the dark-colored furnishings to create a pleasing balance in the room.’
- ‘She had been struck by a dark-coloured Ford Focus, which was found abandoned nearby.’
- ‘Most guys wear tuxedos to their proms, but in some places a nice dark-coloured suit is acceptable.’
- ‘Shot in a stark, grainy, dark-coloured range, Nameday is a very distinctive short film.’
- ‘The dark-colored fur heats up in the sun, releasing a trail of scent wherever the panda goes.’
- ‘The suspects were wearing dark-coloured balaclava masks or hooded tops.’
- ‘The main section of the cross is made of dark-coloured wrought iron, highlighted by pieces of galvanised steel covered in gold leaf.’
- ‘Many enjoy a bread spread called Marmite, a dark-colored yeast extract with a salty taste.’
- ‘A limo and several dark-colored SUVs were stationed out front.’
- ‘It's hard to think of a better snack than raisins, dried plums, or any of the dark-colored fruits.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.