One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hill station at an altitude of 2,150 m (7,054 ft) in West Bengal, north-eastern India, near the Sikkim border; population 141,200 (est. 2009).
A high-quality tea grown in the mountainous regions of northern India.
- ‘Types of tea, like Ceylon and Darjeeling, refer to the region where the tea is grown.’
- ‘Napa Valley Grille gets its hot leaf teas from Mighty Leaf in flavors such as vanilla, orange jasmine, tropical green tea, citrus chamomile and mint Darjeeling.’
- ‘Most teas from India are black and two well-known examples are Assam and Darjeeling.’
- ‘The women would wear their afternoon tea gowns, and could mix their favourite blend from speciality teas such as Darjeeling and Ceylon.’
- ‘Three of the teas in the collection contain some caffeine: green, chai and Darjeeling.’
- ‘The Boston Tea Party was perhaps the most famous protest against taxation, and resulted in around £10,000 worth of Darjeeling being slung into the sea.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.