One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hill station at an altitude of 2,150 m (7,054 ft) in West Bengal, north-eastern India, near the Sikkim border; population 141,200 (est. 2009).
A high-quality tea grown in the mountainous regions of northern India.
- ‘Most teas from India are black and two well-known examples are Assam and Darjeeling.’
- ‘Napa Valley Grille gets its hot leaf teas from Mighty Leaf in flavors such as vanilla, orange jasmine, tropical green tea, citrus chamomile and mint Darjeeling.’
- ‘Three of the teas in the collection contain some caffeine: green, chai and Darjeeling.’
- ‘Types of tea, like Ceylon and Darjeeling, refer to the region where the tea is grown.’
- ‘The Boston Tea Party was perhaps the most famous protest against taxation, and resulted in around £10,000 worth of Darjeeling being slung into the sea.’
- ‘The women would wear their afternoon tea gowns, and could mix their favourite blend from speciality teas such as Darjeeling and Ceylon.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.