One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Whenever and wherever possible, let's take time to salute and support America's small businesses and the entrepreneurial dreamers, darers and doers who run them.’
- ‘Though the other darers have been unwavering pillars of support, I admit I was a bit surprised and mildly dismayed at the total lack of support from other areas.’
- ‘Midas uses Tamburlainian imagery to describe how he will wish for gold and thus be ‘monarch of the world, the darer of fortune’.’
- ‘Throughout, women are referred to in a condescending manner; portrayal is stereotypical: Females are the carers and males the darers.’
- ‘It is on the darers, not on the audacious, that Fortune almost always smiled.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.