One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One account of Pierre Vigny makes reference to his dapperness and specifically mentions his silk britches’
- ‘It's George Clooney's powers of suave dapperness that have made him a great big movie star.’
- ‘However Theodore acknowledges that it might be the case that it's not hat-wearing that makes a man civil, dapper and courteous; it could be civility, dapperness and courtesy that make a man wear a hat.’
- ‘Connery is resplendent in his timeless dapperness throughout the adventure, so the game itself is looking like something of a 60s style piece from an aesthetic point of view.’
- ‘Here a pearl-gray homburg is a signifier of dapperness, there a totem of an affair.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.