One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small, dapper man or boy.
fop, beau, man about town, bright young thing, glamour boy, rakeView synonyms
- ‘The stranger, having wiped the pen, presented it to the dapperling, who more debonnairly breathed his vein.’
- ‘He propped it against the legs of a chair, that the dapperling might view his own magnificence.’
- ‘She loves Anthony, a dapperling in person, with nothing to recommend him physically but a missy prettiness.’
- ‘He was a strange little dapperling, scarcely five feet tall.’
- ‘An intellectual dapperling of these times boasts chiefly of his irresistible perspicacity, his 'dwelling in the daylight of truth,' and so forth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.