A mixture of tung oil, other vegetable oils, and chemicals to quicken drying, used to treat wood.
- ‘The grips you see here are made of Claro walnut with a Danish oil finish.’
- ‘Danish Oil is a special formulation based on tung oil (also known as Chinese wood oil).’
- ‘Clear finishes would include lacquer, shellac, varnish, tung and Danish oil, linseed oil, as well as polyurethane.’
- ‘I also need to get some Danish oil so I can treat the new shelves for the cupboard and also a couple of CD racks I've had sitting here for ages.’
- ‘It's skilled job but when it comes down to it no more than cleaning off old wax and dirt, rejuvenating the wood with Danish oil and then applying as many coats of a good soft beeswax and carnuba oil polish as the piece will absorb.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.