One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small, brightly coloured freshwater fish of South and SE Asia.
- ‘Zebra danio larvae of 4 mm body length and 35 mm long adults use the same burst and coast swimming style.’
- ‘There are about 13 species of fish from the Western Ghats, which include half-beak fish, danio, loaches and rasboras.’
- ‘A very peaceful fish which is why it is so well suited for community tanks, zebra danios tolerate a wide range of temperatures.’
- ‘All Danios are torpedo-shaped fish, usually small (except for giant danio), and very fast.’
- ‘Danios and minnows are small, active schooling fish well suited to the community aquarium.’
Modern Latin (genus name).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.