Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small, brightly coloured freshwater fish of South and SE Asia.
- ‘A very peaceful fish which is why it is so well suited for community tanks, zebra danios tolerate a wide range of temperatures.’
- ‘There are about 13 species of fish from the Western Ghats, which include half-beak fish, danio, loaches and rasboras.’
- ‘Zebra danio larvae of 4 mm body length and 35 mm long adults use the same burst and coast swimming style.’
- ‘All Danios are torpedo-shaped fish, usually small (except for giant danio), and very fast.’
- ‘Danios and minnows are small, active schooling fish well suited to the community aquarium.’
Modern Latin (genus name).
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.