Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small, brightly coloured freshwater fish of South and SE Asia.
- ‘All Danios are torpedo-shaped fish, usually small (except for giant danio), and very fast.’
- ‘A very peaceful fish which is why it is so well suited for community tanks, zebra danios tolerate a wide range of temperatures.’
- ‘Zebra danio larvae of 4 mm body length and 35 mm long adults use the same burst and coast swimming style.’
- ‘Danios and minnows are small, active schooling fish well suited to the community aquarium.’
- ‘There are about 13 species of fish from the Western Ghats, which include half-beak fish, danio, loaches and rasboras.’
Modern Latin (genus name).
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.