One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Hanging or swinging loosely.‘a pair of dangling earrings’
- ‘Would she prefer simple jewelry or more elegant, dangling pieces?’
- ‘In some ways, that book was like dangling bait to find out if I wasn't insane.’
- ‘Aidia thought that this seemed silly for a moment, until one of the long, dangling willow branches rose up as if to usher them in to its depths.’
- ‘As a journalist, when you pull at a dangling thread and see three more threads come free it's hard to resist pulling on those too.’
- ‘The classic dangling string approach to displaying Christmas cards was used.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.