One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Hanging or swinging loosely.‘a pair of dangling earrings’
- ‘Would she prefer simple jewelry or more elegant, dangling pieces?’
- ‘As a journalist, when you pull at a dangling thread and see three more threads come free it's hard to resist pulling on those too.’
- ‘In some ways, that book was like dangling bait to find out if I wasn't insane.’
- ‘The classic dangling string approach to displaying Christmas cards was used.’
- ‘Aidia thought that this seemed silly for a moment, until one of the long, dangling willow branches rose up as if to usher them in to its depths.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.