One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This third Doctor, Jon Pertwee, played the character as a dandyish James Bond, with gadgetry and purple cloaks being the order of the day.’
- ‘You've seen the last of Hosking in leather jackets and dandyish cravats interrogating pop bimbos under the guise of Sunday-night current affairs.’
- ‘He doesn't attempt the stammer, the dandyish manner, the cigarette ostentatiously clamped between the middle fingers.’
- ‘This is the man's Edwardian aspect, formally old-fashioned and a little dandyish, that those who knew him in his later life fondly recall.’
- ‘The anchor is a dour and dandyish aristocrat in a bow tie who reads the official version of the news in a monotone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.