Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A coarse brush used for grooming a horse.
- ‘His face blank, he dropped the dandy brush he was using into Dream's grooming bucket and began to leave.’
- ‘The dandy brush is ideal for removing mud and sweat from unclipped horses and ponies without removing the essential oils from the coat.’
- ‘When grooming the off side, be sure to brush the mane with the dandy brush.’
- ‘Next, use the Dandy Brush. The motion for this brush is like the same motion you would use when sweeping a floor.’
- ‘The kit should include a hoof pick, curry comb, dandy brush, body brush, mane comb, and towel.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.