One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of a dandy.‘Wilson is a dandiacal man about town’
- ‘In its account of the dandiacal erotic practices of Duc Jean Floressas des Esseintes, the author established a link between aestheticism and decadent behavior.’
- ‘Several characteristics are deemed essential to the constitution of the dandiacal identity, among which vanity reigns supreme.’
- ‘In dress he apes the dandiacal associated with Charles II.’
- ‘All this playing with words may sound a bit dandiacal and over-egging, so let me say immediately that, in the event, it does not have that effect.’
- ‘By mid-career, he was a narcissistic, dandiacal poseur, although Kelly finds it hard to see him as such.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.