One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of a dandy.‘Wilson is a dandiacal man about town’
- ‘In dress he apes the dandiacal associated with Charles II.’
- ‘All this playing with words may sound a bit dandiacal and over-egging, so let me say immediately that, in the event, it does not have that effect.’
- ‘By mid-career, he was a narcissistic, dandiacal poseur, although Kelly finds it hard to see him as such.’
- ‘In its account of the dandiacal erotic practices of Duc Jean Floressas des Esseintes, the author established a link between aestheticism and decadent behavior.’
- ‘Several characteristics are deemed essential to the constitution of the dandiacal identity, among which vanity reigns supreme.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.