One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
plural nounNorth American
Fresh dandelion leaves used as a salad vegetable or herb.
- ‘We also split a plate of grilled sardines on a bed of dandelion greens with fennel, pine nuts, and capers.’
- ‘In the USA there is a small market for cultivated dandelion greens.’
- ‘Bitter foods like tart red grape juice, arugula, watercress, and dandelion greens also work when you incorporate them into meals.’
- ‘The lamb stew is another great, rib-sticking dish, chock-full of artichokes, roasted tomatoes, dandelion greens, and fresh mint.’
- ‘Bitter greens mentioned in the Bible include watercress, parsley, mint, mustard greens, endive, chicory, lettuce and dandelion greens.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.