Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who dances or whose profession is dancing.‘she thought he would become a ballet dancer’
danseur, danseusebopper, hooferterpsichoreanView synonyms
- ‘With a well known singer, he toured the halls as a professional dancer, excelling at the tango.’
- ‘There are now more dancers and choreographers working in Britain than ever before.’
- ‘I want to be a good partner, and traditionally the role of the male dancer has been to make the ballerina look good.’
- ‘The Paris Opera Ballet always had fine dancers but they lacked homogeneity and a good rep.’
- ‘Last year her dream came true when she was picked to be one of Robbie's backing dancers.’
- ‘Professional dancers have high rates of injuries that potentially put them out of work.’
- ‘This year will see the usual attractions of the fairground, dancers and parade.’
- ‘Despite being the only boy in his dancing class, he loved ballet and was desperate to start a career as a dancer.’
- ‘As individuals people want space but as dancers in classical ballet they are not allowed space.’
- ‘In the wings are masked traditional dancers and a host of young children dressed as animals.’
- ‘The judges watched as dancers showed off their pops, boogaloos, flips and tumbles.’
- ‘His dancers divide their time between classes in contemporary technique and ballet.’
- ‘When I left school I went to dance college and trained as a professional dancer.’
- ‘Never mind that all the dancers in the video have the type of body that makes you feel like a cow.’
- ‘The five dancers have also trained in aerobic fitness and upper body strength development.’
- ‘It was just a few months ago that one of us landed a role as one of the dancers in Moulin Rogue.’
- ‘There were dancers that shimmered in costumes of gold, a fakir, and a belly dancer.’
- ‘Even professional dancers have to go through a ballet class every day as a physical work out.’
- ‘It's simply interesting watching dancers at work and ballet fans will enjoy it for that.’
- ‘For the serious dancers and the professionals, the competition and the costs are high.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.