One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A drama in which all the action is expressed by dancing.
- ‘The dance drama will have two narrators apart from the on stage dancers.’
- ‘During this festival, participants had to compete in poetry, dance, stage plays and a dance drama.’
- ‘Wei Zhi, from the organizing committee of the art festival, revealed that the closing ceremony will feature a flamenco dance drama produced by the versatile artist Carlos Saura.’
- ‘The unique indigenous folk dance called Yakshagana (a dance drama usually glorifying Indian mythology) is now thought to be the precursor of some of the well-known South Indian dances like Kuchipudi.’
- ‘On Saturday, a dance drama, based on Jayadeva's Gita Govinda, will be enacted at Ravindra Kalakshetra, directed by danseuse Radha Sridhar.’
- ‘Traditional dance has flourished in Japan for centuries within the highly stylized forms of dance drama.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.