Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A drama in which all the action is expressed by dancing.
- ‘Wei Zhi, from the organizing committee of the art festival, revealed that the closing ceremony will feature a flamenco dance drama produced by the versatile artist Carlos Saura.’
- ‘The unique indigenous folk dance called Yakshagana (a dance drama usually glorifying Indian mythology) is now thought to be the precursor of some of the well-known South Indian dances like Kuchipudi.’
- ‘Traditional dance has flourished in Japan for centuries within the highly stylized forms of dance drama.’
- ‘During this festival, participants had to compete in poetry, dance, stage plays and a dance drama.’
- ‘On Saturday, a dance drama, based on Jayadeva's Gita Govinda, will be enacted at Ravindra Kalakshetra, directed by danseuse Radha Sridhar.’
- ‘The dance drama will have two narrators apart from the on stage dancers.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.