One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- another term for Afar
- ‘Some peaks in the Simyen Mountains receive periodic snowfall, while the average temperature of the Danakil is 120 degrees Fahrenheit in the day time.’
- ‘When I returned to the Danakil country, years later, I saw cars, tarmac road, service stations and convoys of lorries carrying petrol from Assab to Addis Ababa.’
- ‘‘The Danakil rate a man by the number of men he has killed and castrated,’ says Thesiger.’
- ‘In the Danakil region, women are nude from the waist up.’
- ‘Neither Christians nor Muslims eat pork; the Danakil, Oromo, and Somali avoid chicken and eggs as well.’
From Arabic danāqil, plural of danqalī.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.