One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Why do some people make such a damnably disgusting munching sound when they eat that can be heard miles away?’
- ‘Far be it from me to suggest that, at the end of a parliament, the papers might like to review their own performance in the damnably tricky business of reporting faithfully the news.’
- ‘It may not be perfect - but it works damnably well.’
- ‘She is intelligent and sincere, and remarkably uncensorious about the social services which seem so damnably to have failed her.’
- ‘I get to pick up Debbie from her last day at school, which is one of those milestones that come and go so damnably fast.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.