One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small shrub native to tropical America, whose leaves are used in herbal medicine and in the production of a liqueur, and also reputedly possess aphrodisiac qualities.
- ‘Some of the herbs that are listed as ingredients include damiana, chaste tree, black cohosh and saw palmetto.’
- ‘For an aphrodisiac drink, mix 2 ounces each of damiana and muira puama tinctures in your favorite adult punch.’
- ‘The herbal remedies suggested by the website include kava kava, damiana, lemon balm, St John's wort and 5HTP.’
- ‘Did this to make Maywine one year; the brew was mugwort, damiana, rosehips, and some others in mead.’
- ‘In this, it is deeper acting than other herbs, such as the African yohimbe, the South America muira puama or the milder Central American damiana.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.