One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An inhabitant of the Yorkshire Dales in northern England.
- ‘It has just ended in divorce, but both their sons are happily ensconced at Ermysted's Grammar School and are growing up as real Dalesmen.’
- ‘The young Dalesmen were impressive in the earlier rounds in beating Pocklington and Ilkley.’
- ‘Wednesday's snow would be greeted with derision by Dalesmen of old.’
- ‘Two days later, lost on an A road as traffic whizzes past, I make a grievous error and flag down a Dalesman.’
- ‘KIT Calvert, the Dalesman who was the saviour of Wensleydale Cheese, has had his life and achievements recognised by the Yorkshire Society.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.