An inhabitant of the Yorkshire Dales in northern England.
- ‘It has just ended in divorce, but both their sons are happily ensconced at Ermysted's Grammar School and are growing up as real Dalesmen.’
- ‘Wednesday's snow would be greeted with derision by Dalesmen of old.’
- ‘Two days later, lost on an A road as traffic whizzes past, I make a grievous error and flag down a Dalesman.’
- ‘KIT Calvert, the Dalesman who was the saviour of Wensleydale Cheese, has had his life and achievements recognised by the Yorkshire Society.’
- ‘The young Dalesmen were impressive in the earlier rounds in beating Pocklington and Ilkley.’