One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The basic monetary unit of Gambia, equal to 100 butut.
- ‘Some two million dalasi is still outstanding which is yet to be paid to communities in the LRD.’
- ‘The big boats cost 1200 dalasis / hour and 5500 dalasis for the full day, regardless of the number of people on board.’
- ‘Since 1986, the dalasi was unpegged to pound sterling where it has then free floated.’
- ‘If there are no surviving dependents, burial expenses are payable up to a maximum of 1,000 dalasi.’
- ‘When they do, quantities are relatively small and prices are extremely high at about 300 dalasis per kg.’
A local word.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.