One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A travellers' rest house in the Indian subcontinent, originally on a dak route.
- ‘The KMVN rest house is the only habitation around, apart from a forest dak bungalow further up the hill.’
- ‘Old dak bungalows and resthouses are other places on which he will focus a highly trained eye.’
- ‘In this ‘far away from the worldly bustle’ of modern-day Bangalore, the ambience is just right for the house specialities: the Anglo and Indian specials straight out of the dak bungalows of East India Company days.’
- ‘There are many hotels, tourist and dak bungalows, railway retiring rooms, dharamsalas where one can stay.’
- ‘Lemons, oranges, peaches, tamarinds, bananas and a cinnamon grow around the dak bungalow.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.