One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A man who is employed in a dairy or sells dairy products.
- ‘He milks 100 cows and has been a dairyman for 32 years.’
- ‘At the extreme lows, we know the dairymen can't survive, and at the extreme highs we know you can't sell cheese,’ Jensen says.’
- ‘Paul, now coordinator of environmental services for the Western United dairymen, had another goal.’
- ‘If this seems an extreme idea, president of United dairy Farmers of Victoria, and a dairyman himself, Max Fehring will assure you that it is not.’
- ‘Of those fifteen per cent who did have some experience many had only worked as farm labourers, gardeners, station hands, dairymen or bushmen.’
- ‘Her husband, David, who is the society's publicity officer, is a dairyman who also has a small-holding.’
- ‘Farmers wanted a core of permanent workers available all year round, including skilled tractor drivers, dairymen, and others who worked with machinery.’
- ‘He predicts that if exposed to more U.S. competition, most dairymen will do just fine.’
- ‘Dutch dairyman Ronald Akkerman has set out his plans for operating a new cheese plant near Workington.’
- ‘But grazing dairymen are proud of being profitable, and are glad to tell you how they are doing it.’
- ‘The Ohio dairyman was cited as one of the state's ‘greatest drivers, leaders and promoters in today's dairy industry.’’
- ‘Citrus growers, dairymen, the grain-milling industry, pickle producers - almost anyone could and did make extravagant claims.’
- ‘These traditions have always been a comfort for Tevye, the local dairyman.’
- ‘It is not the first attempt at supply management by American dairymen.’
- ‘Third generation Fresno dairyman Mark McAfee has designed a ‘pro-cow’ environment that leads to pathogen-free raw milk.’
- ‘My grandfather was a longtime dairyman who delivered milk to area businesses and the local college.’
- ‘Hilmar, a privately held corporation, was established in 1984 by a group of 12 Jersey dairymen.’
- ‘But the dairy industry, has become more flexible and proactive, as the marketing gains of the past year show, said Rovey, an Arizona dairyman.’
- ‘Cumbria dairymen continued direct action at milk processing plants this week in pursuit of a better farmgate price for milk.’
- ‘William Siebenborn, a Missouri dairyman and UDIA chairman, said forging a single dairy marketing plan and vision will help boost worldwide demand for U.S. dairy products.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.