One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cocktail containing rum and lime juice.
- ‘Sure, passengers are still able to partake in strawberry daiquiris and decadent desserts, but a cruise ship actually provides many ways to stay healthy, on-board massages being one example.’
- ‘It's a beautiful place, with lots of sun, sand, daiquiris, and exotic delights for those who can pay in dollars.’
- ‘Ariel has beer, I have soda, and I got a daiquiri for you.’
- ‘There are three bars to sidle up to and pro circuit barmen who'll build you any cocktail fantasy from the daiquiri to the iced tea.’
- ‘Bar staff specialise in daiquiris and martinis and if you listen carefully you can hear the lions roar in the Jo'burg zoo below.’
- ‘You are free to be bored, to lounge away the afternoon drinking daiquiris by the pool.’
- ‘In the evening there's a whole host of alcoholic beverages to sample, from sangria to daiquiris.’
- ‘Your mom and I had a few daiquiris after the discussion.’
- ‘We have been offered cigars and rum and although it is impossible to not drink several daiquiris in the evening I couldn't drink rum during the day.’
- ‘We tried daiquiris at El Floridita where they were invented, and mojitos (made of rum, lemon juice, sugar, water and mint) sitting at the Cafe de Paris.’
- ‘Their drink menu also features two frozen Bellinis (peach and strawberry) along with those classic favorites: daiquiris and frozen margaritas.’
- ‘She plans parties, shops and has daiquiris with her girlfriends.’
- ‘Hunter ordered two daiquiris and two banana splits.’
- ‘Those of appropriate age ordered a variety of alcoholic drinks such as daiquiris and margaritas, and the rest of us, underage, settled on virgin margaritas or sodas.’
- ‘Steeped in local history, this slightly sweet liquor, made from sugarcane or molasses (a by-product of sugar refining), gives daiquiris and pina coladas their kick.’
- ‘The bar will offer specialty drinks including margaritas, frozen daiquiris, rum punch, as well as a limited food and snack menu.’
- ‘No matter what time of year you go to Cuba there will be music and wonderful cocktails - Cuba Libres, daiquiris and mojitos - based on the island's native rum.’
- ‘The fruity daiquiris certainly go down a treat, and if you want a little more adventure, try a sour cocktail.’
- ‘The classics - daiquiris, Martinis and mojitos - are still the grand masters.’
- ‘He also came to appreciate its cocktails - his favourites were daiquiris and mojitos - and the gregarious nature of its people.’
Named after Daiquirí, a rum-producing district in Cuba.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.