One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The towers were thin, delicate looking; the whole place had an air of daintiness and frailty to it.’
- ‘I'm not a big person, mind you, but next to her daintiness I'm a clodhopper with elephantiasis.’
- ‘Alex hadn't inherited her mother's daintiness.’
- ‘And then he compounded that mistake by eating it with excessive daintiness.’
- ‘If the council's paternalistic tradition is one cause of this seemingly excessive moral daintiness, then so too are the city's religious leanings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.