One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘If the council's paternalistic tradition is one cause of this seemingly excessive moral daintiness, then so too are the city's religious leanings.’
- ‘I'm not a big person, mind you, but next to her daintiness I'm a clodhopper with elephantiasis.’
- ‘Alex hadn't inherited her mother's daintiness.’
- ‘And then he compounded that mistake by eating it with excessive daintiness.’
- ‘The towers were thin, delicate looking; the whole place had an air of daintiness and frailty to it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.