One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A single bet on the winners of two named races in a day.
wager, stake, gamble, anteView synonyms
- ‘He had bet forty dollars to win and had played the eight in a forty dollar daily double with the winner of the last race.’
- ‘Along with the usual win, place, and show pools will be the ‘semi-exotic ‘wagers, such as daily doubles, perfecta/exactas, and quinielas.’’
- ‘There will also be three daily doubles, a ‘rolling’ pick three, and pick six wagering.’
- ‘As well as win, place, or show bets, the dog player can also choose from the daily double, the quiniela, the perfecta, the trifecta, or the superfecta.’
- ‘The daily double, exacta and quinella percentage has been dropped from 20% to 17.5%.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.