One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Yoghurt.‘a bowl of dahi’
- ‘The bowls may hold vegetables such as eggplant, potatoes, beans, dal, and dahi (curds).’
- ‘So you could pick up 6 chapattis and some dahi on your way home.’
- ‘In summers it is dahi, set in a flat earthen vessel that is used in many a chaat.’
- ‘Between mouthfuls of biryani, feast on the accompanying Mirchi ka Salan or Baghair Baingan, Dal Makhni, raitas, spread of salads, dahi, and tempting desserts.’
- ‘My personal favourite is the dahi, the taste of which is truly something else.’
From Hindi dahī ‘curds’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.