One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the autonomous republic of Dagestan in south-western Russia or its inhabitants.‘a hotel in the Dagestani capital’
- ‘Our driver speeds down the avenue and through a vast archway of white Dagestani stone.’
- ‘Avar is a Dagestani language, but was written with an Arabic script until the twentieth century.’
- ‘He said his daughter had a psychology degree and worked as a schoolteacher in a small Dagestani village.’
- ‘His mother was Dagestani, and the family spoke Russian at home.’
- ‘His widow said she received a three-room apartment in Moscow and a two-room apartment in the Dagestani town of Kaspiisk.’
A native or inhabitant of the autonomous republic of Dagestan in south-western Russia.‘the foundation says it can help Dagestanis living outside the republic’
- ‘If the Dagestani can get healthy in time to make that fight happen soon, let's do it.’
- ‘You need to teach Dagestanis how to wrestle?’
- ‘An explosion of noise and identity was unleashed as both Geordies and Dagestanis shook hands, sang our songs and took countless pictures.’
- ‘A former Russian ambassador to Tajikistan, he is an ethnic Dagestani and president of Russia's Republic of Dagestan.’
- ‘The Brazilian forward rescued a point for Terek Grozny against Anzhi Makhachkala, dramatically denying the Dagestanis a first win of the Russian Premier League season with a late penalty.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.