One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Yet for all the daftness, such as Phoebus's pronounced lisp and a rubber chicken fight, there is a serious core to the drama.’
- ‘And delirious daftness without rhyme or reason is just plain boring and at the core of this film.’
- ‘In more recent years, Sarti's has become an excellent location for late-night daftness over a couple of bottles of Barolo.’
- ‘The daftness here can get a bit much; so can all the label-dropping and all-round atmosphere of A-list privilege.’
- ‘Dark, menacing and overblown to the point of daftness, it's just like the real Wuthering Heights.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.