Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A girl or woman who is particularly attached to, and indulged by, her father.
- ‘The self-proclaimed daddy's girl says that her father is responsible for her attitude about community service.’
- ‘And she must be daddy's girl, because this is a smooth, silky bossa nova swoon, from beginning to end.’
- ‘I was never a daddy's girl.’
- ‘I was a daddy's girl when I was small.’
- ‘In an interview once, Michelle said that Malia, her older, quieter child, took after her, while sassy little Sasha was pure daddy's girl.’
- ‘She, too, was fabulous as the pretty little daddy's girl who always gets her way.’
- ‘Sunday Styles redemmed itself just a little bit this week with a cover story on daddy's girls.’
- ‘When she tries to be sultry on a tune like "Naughty Girl," she sounds like a daddy's girl going through the motions.’
- ‘He didn't fall into the trap of making her a daddy's girl to compensate.’
- ‘I never thought I was a daddy's girl, that I put my father on a pedestal, but it seems I have.’
- ‘I was pretty close to the old man; I'd even go as far as to call myself a daddy's girl under some circumstances.’
- ‘Rosanna, being a good daddy's girl, seems to have taken it upon herself to blame Maresa for leading her dad astray.’
- ‘It's awesome to see a prissy little daddy's girl down something she hates.’
- ‘And Rachel, being the only daughter and a daddy's girl, did get everything she desired.’
- ‘She used to be such a daddy's girl and her new habit of distancing herself from him hurt more than he could describe.’
- ‘I was a real daddy's girl so when my dad passed away it was hard for me.’
- ‘The waifish daddy's girl and the goofball indie genius are officially calling it a day.’
- ‘She was more of a daddy's girl than mum's girl and they spent a lot of time together.’
- ‘A shy, self-professed "daddy's girl," the Mountain Home Hacker Middle School ninth-grader cried when her father left.’
- ‘"I always was a daddy's girl and I always will be a daddy's girl," Montgomery said, her voice filled with emotion.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.