One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An unoriginal or unfunny joke of a type supposedly told by middle-aged or older men.‘he makes a lot of corny dad jokes’
- ‘He's made a career out of telling dad jokes.’
- ‘They apparently met on the set of Paradise Lost—where it sounds like, excuse my dad joke, paradise was found.’
- ‘I am a sucker for goofy puns and dad jokes.’
- ‘Don't try to hide it—you enjoy a silly dad joke as much as the next person.’
- ‘I really am in rare form with the corny dad jokes today.’
- ‘If there's anything better than a punny dad joke, it's 54 of them rattled off in hyper-quick succession.’
- ‘Does your dad make you cringe with his dad jokes and constant usage of LOL in text messages?’
- ‘Dad cracked a dad joke and the teacher nodded politely.’
- ‘He makes a lot of terrible, corny dad jokes.’
- ‘As he strolls confidently into the room, he tells everyone not to move, making the first of his embarrassing dad jokes.’
- ‘You're never too young for terrible dad jokes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.