One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An unoriginal or unfunny joke of a type supposedly told by middle-aged or older men.‘he makes a lot of corny dad jokes’
- ‘As he strolls confidently into the room, he tells everyone not to move, making the first of his embarrassing dad jokes.’
- ‘I am a sucker for goofy puns and dad jokes.’
- ‘I really am in rare form with the corny dad jokes today.’
- ‘Don't try to hide it—you enjoy a silly dad joke as much as the next person.’
- ‘They apparently met on the set of Paradise Lost—where it sounds like, excuse my dad joke, paradise was found.’
- ‘You're never too young for terrible dad jokes.’
- ‘Dad cracked a dad joke and the teacher nodded politely.’
- ‘He makes a lot of terrible, corny dad jokes.’
- ‘He's made a career out of telling dad jokes.’
- ‘If there's anything better than a punny dad joke, it's 54 of them rattled off in hyper-quick succession.’
- ‘Does your dad make you cringe with his dad jokes and constant usage of LOL in text messages?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.