One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Awkward or unfashionable dancing to pop music, as characteristically performed by middle-aged or older men.‘for optimum embarrassment of offspring, dad dancing is best performed to REM's Shiny Happy People’
- ‘From the mayor's dad dancing to the Spice Girls' final performance, the London 2012 Olympic Closing Ceremony was certainly a memorable event.’
- ‘Williams did some serious dad dancing when he appeared on on TV on Friday.’
- ‘On the numbers in which he doesn't play he often seems unsure of what to do and, on occasion, comes so close to dad dancing that you wonder when he got so old.’
- ‘Inviting your ex is as traditional a part of the Big Day as bridesmaid meltdowns and dad dancing.’
- ‘If we see any more dad dancing from O'Donoghue, we may rip our own eyebrows off.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.