One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The aqueous component of the cytoplasm of a cell, within which various organelles and particles are suspended.
- ‘Ion-selective microelectrodes have been used to measure the activities of ions in the apoplast, cytosol and vacuole of single cells.’
- ‘In thin root sections, more intense fluorescence was observed in the cytosol than in the cell wall.’
- ‘These biochemical studies were instrumental for understanding the metabolite flux between plastid and cytosol.’
- ‘Some enzymes of glucan metabolism occur in the cytosol of leaf cells, but it is not known if they participate in metabolism of starch or of other substrates.’
- ‘Products of these genes are targeted into at least three cellular compartments: cytosol, chloroplasts, and mitochondria.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.