Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A microscopic network of protein filaments and tubules in the cytoplasm of many living cells, giving them shape and coherence.
- ‘Several techniques have been utilized to assess the mechanical properties of the cytoskeleton of various cell types.’
- ‘Actin is one of the major components that make up the cell cytoskeleton.’
- ‘Dynamical rearrangements in the cytoskeleton enable cells to migrate, to divide, or to maintain their shape.’
- ‘Organization of the cytoplasm of eukaryotic cells depends largely on the cytoskeleton.’
- ‘Members of the genus Thermoplasma lack cell walls and possess a cytoskeleton.’
- ‘There is evidence that the cell wall plays an integral role in axis fixation and it is proposed that fixation occurs as a result of cross linking between the actin cytoskeleton and the cell wall.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.