One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The material or protoplasm within a living cell, excluding the nucleus.
- ‘The numerous single cells had intact cytoplasm and were elongated and columnar.’
- ‘The protein is expressed in the cytoplasm of the germline stem cells and cystoblasts.’
- ‘Organization of the cytoplasm of eukaryotic cells depends largely on the cytoskeleton.’
- ‘The spindle cells exhibited a scant to moderate amount of homogenous cytoplasm.’
- ‘More solid areas of the tumor were composed of cells with round nuclei and scant cytoplasm.’
- ‘Cells with white cytoplasm represent cells that are actively undergoing nuclear division at the designated cell cycle stage.’
- ‘The columnar cells had abundant cytoplasm, basally located nuclei, and no mitoses.’
- ‘Male sperm cells contain virtually no cytoplasm, and are thus lacking in mitochondria.’
- ‘Secretory cells have dense cytoplasm with many leucoplasts present.’
- ‘Because tissues were lyophilized it was not possible to discriminate between cell walls and cytoplasm in the root material.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.