One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Cells semipermissive to viral replication, such as neurons for herpes simplex virus, allow little viral gene expression thus enabling the development of latent infection even with cytolytic viruses.’
- ‘Host cells are rapidly killed by cytolytic enzymes or toxins.’
- ‘As it has been found that this compound is cytolytic to human cells in vitro, the authors investigated whether it exerts the same effect on plant cells.’
- ‘The important virulence factor of the bacteria is the enterotoxin responsible for gastroenteritis, the major enterotoxin being a cytolytic beta-haemolysin or aerolysin.’
- ‘Melittin is a cytolytic peptide extracted from bee venom.’
- ‘The human immune system fights cancer partly through the production of many populations of specialized immune cells called cytolytic T cells.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.