One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The dissolution or disruption of cells, especially by an external agent.
- ‘The background showed mild cytolysis with only occasional monotonous round cells that showed hyperchromatic nuclei with a delicate chromatin pattern and foamy cytoplasm.’
- ‘Progressive swelling resulted in cytolysis and release of virions.’
- ‘Degranulation via cytolysis involves eosinophil rupture and exudation of cellular contents, making eosinophils difficult to stain and recognize histologically.’
- ‘Because NAC has a direct antioxidant action in lymphocytes, concern has been expressed that NAC supplementation would inhibit the natural mechanism of cytolysis by neutrophils.’
- ‘Eosinophils in vitro exhibited different stages of apoptosis, ending with secondary necrosis distinct from in vivo eosinophil cytolysis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.