One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branches of biology and medicine concerned with the structure and function of plant and animal cells.
- ‘Urine cytology, which checks the number and appearance of cells in urine samples, often fails to detect early tumors.’
- ‘The final diagnosis was confirmed by cytology, histology, or clinical follow-up.’
- ‘Histopathology, cytology, and microbiology confirmed the diagnosis of intestinal tuberculosis.’
- ‘Digital cervical images and cytology and histology slides were externally reviewed to maximize patient safety.’
- ‘Brush biopsy is a common technique used to sample cells from lesions or suspicious areas for cytology.’
- ‘New technologies for cytology screening have been promoted to physicians and the public.’
- ‘Urine cytology showed transitional cells only, but a brush biopsy from the renal pelvis revealed atypical cells.’
- ‘A repeat pleural fluid cytology on one of the occasions was suggestive of signet-ring cell carcinoma.’
- ‘Vavilov was an early student of Bateson and was thoroughly grounded in genetics and cytology.’
- ‘The diagnosis should be confirmed by biopsy or brush cytology.’
- ‘In both cytology and histology, the largest numbers of tests were ordered on those patients age 21 to 64.’
- ‘At Wolverhampton she specialised in cytology and introduced the cervical cytology screening service.’
- ‘Aspiration cytology showed no evidence of atypical cells.’
- ‘Combined cytology and HPV DNA testing should not be performed more often than every three years.’
- ‘The laboratory medicine department of cytology at York Hospital also received a regional training award at the ceremony for its cervical screening work.’
- ‘Our study further demonstrated that the results of pericardial cytology do not influence patient survival.’
- ‘Urine cytology may be helpful in ruling out transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder.’
- ‘Sputum cytology showed atypical cells suspicious of bronchogenic carcinoma.’
- ‘The brush cytology again revealed distinctive features of endometrial cells.’
- ‘HPV testing is significantly more expensive than pap tests and liquid cytology because it involves costly DNA analysis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.