One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branches of biology and medicine concerned with the structure and function of plant and animal cells.
- ‘Urine cytology, which checks the number and appearance of cells in urine samples, often fails to detect early tumors.’
- ‘A repeat pleural fluid cytology on one of the occasions was suggestive of signet-ring cell carcinoma.’
- ‘Aspiration cytology showed no evidence of atypical cells.’
- ‘New technologies for cytology screening have been promoted to physicians and the public.’
- ‘Our study further demonstrated that the results of pericardial cytology do not influence patient survival.’
- ‘At Wolverhampton she specialised in cytology and introduced the cervical cytology screening service.’
- ‘In both cytology and histology, the largest numbers of tests were ordered on those patients age 21 to 64.’
- ‘HPV testing is significantly more expensive than pap tests and liquid cytology because it involves costly DNA analysis.’
- ‘The final diagnosis was confirmed by cytology, histology, or clinical follow-up.’
- ‘The brush cytology again revealed distinctive features of endometrial cells.’
- ‘Combined cytology and HPV DNA testing should not be performed more often than every three years.’
- ‘Digital cervical images and cytology and histology slides were externally reviewed to maximize patient safety.’
- ‘Vavilov was an early student of Bateson and was thoroughly grounded in genetics and cytology.’
- ‘Urine cytology showed transitional cells only, but a brush biopsy from the renal pelvis revealed atypical cells.’
- ‘The laboratory medicine department of cytology at York Hospital also received a regional training award at the ceremony for its cervical screening work.’
- ‘Urine cytology may be helpful in ruling out transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder.’
- ‘Histopathology, cytology, and microbiology confirmed the diagnosis of intestinal tuberculosis.’
- ‘Sputum cytology showed atypical cells suspicious of bronchogenic carcinoma.’
- ‘The diagnosis should be confirmed by biopsy or brush cytology.’
- ‘Brush biopsy is a common technique used to sample cells from lesions or suspicious areas for cytology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.