One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When Mendel's work was rediscovered in 1900, it must have been apparent to many cytologists and geneticists that the chromosomes in meiosis and fertilization obey Mendel's laws.’
- ‘When doubt remains, an experienced cytologist, pathologist, or parasitologist should review the smear.’
- ‘Patterson, an embryologist, joined the Drosophila group as did the cytologist, Painter, who soon made an enormous contribution by exploiting the giant salivary gland chromosomes.’
- ‘Intraoperative interpretations were performed by either a boardcertified cytologist or a pathologist with informal cytology training.’
- ‘In 1903 Walter Sutton, an American cytologist, offered a cellular explanation of Mendel's principles, suggesting that Mendelian elements lay on the chromosomes.’
- ‘All false-negative cases were reviewed by a second cytologist and were considered to be the result of failure of tumor cells to adhere to the glass slide.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.