One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Intraoperative interpretations were performed by either a boardcertified cytologist or a pathologist with informal cytology training.’
- ‘When Mendel's work was rediscovered in 1900, it must have been apparent to many cytologists and geneticists that the chromosomes in meiosis and fertilization obey Mendel's laws.’
- ‘Patterson, an embryologist, joined the Drosophila group as did the cytologist, Painter, who soon made an enormous contribution by exploiting the giant salivary gland chromosomes.’
- ‘All false-negative cases were reviewed by a second cytologist and were considered to be the result of failure of tumor cells to adhere to the glass slide.’
- ‘In 1903 Walter Sutton, an American cytologist, offered a cellular explanation of Mendel's principles, suggesting that Mendelian elements lay on the chromosomes.’
- ‘When doubt remains, an experienced cytologist, pathologist, or parasitologist should review the smear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.