Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A surgical incision into the urinary bladder.
- ‘Single layer appositional closure is recommended for most cystotomies and particularly for thick-walled bladders.’
- ‘Surgeries such as Cesarean sections, fracture repairs, tumor removals, foreign body removals and cystotomies are all performed at our facility.’
- ‘Operative cystotomies occurred in three patients: two were repaired laparoscopically and one required laparotomy.’
- ‘Both cystotomies were repaired intraoperatively with a two-layer closure using an absorbable suture.’
- ‘About a third of people who have suprapubic cystotomies develop bladder stones sometimes during the first 10 years after placement.’
- ‘We do nine to twelve, or more, soft tissue surgeries daily, ranging from spays, neuters, declaws, ear trims, lumpectomies, cystotomies, to elongated soft pallet resections.’
- ‘A cystotomy is then performed to remove all possible calculi, followed by routine closure of the bladder.’
- ‘This device is especially useful for approximating tissues, repair of enterotomies and cystotomies, and performance of the laparoscopic Burch procedure.’
- ‘Intraoperative complications are uncommon, though haemorrhage, haematoma, and cystotomy may occur.’
- ‘An endoscopic suturing device has been used both to repair ruptured bladders and close cystotomies in humans and experimental animals.’
- ‘A variety of surgical procedures are performed at our hospital including spays and neuters, wound repairs, cystotomies, tumour excisions, intestinal surgeries, and some orthopaedic surgery.’
- ‘Suprapubic cystotomy was routinely carried out for bladder retention, and bladder lavage for urinary infection.’
- ‘Surgery is equipped with the highest quality instruments, including cautery and suction, allowing us to perform many soft tissue surgeries such as ovariohysterectomies, neuters, tumor removals, cystotomies, abdominal exploratories, and much more.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.